Kitchen Remodeling Danville CAApril 12, 2017
When To Think About Kitchen Remodeling
Century Cabinets Is The Trusted Choice When You Want a New Look, More Functionality
Maybe your family situation has changed, whether from a new addition or someone moving out. Maybe you need more space or want your appliances and kitchen cabinets to be arranged differently. Maybe you’re just ready for change. Whatever the reason may be for your kitchen remodeling project, count on Century Cabinets to help give your kitchen a new look. We’ve been the kitchen remodeling contractor Lafayette, CA residents choose for decades.
If you’re ready to start on a kitchen remodeling project, here are some things to consider:
- What’s Your Goal? Going into a kitchen remodel, you need to be clear on why you’re doing it. Are you looking for more space? More functionality? Better use of natural sunlight? New workspaces, appliances and cabinets? Knowing what you want helps to determine the design, planning and budgeting.
- Where to Spend Your Money. Everyone has a budget. Once you know how much you’ll be spending, the question to answer is where to allocate those dollars. One way to think about it is with a kitchen remodel, almost everything will be new, so you want to spend money where form and function will suit you best. Think about spending money on a dual sink or second sink arrangement, adding a second oven for those big holiday get-togethers, and features on your kitchen cabinets such as full-extension drawer glides, which let you pull out a drawer to see all its contents.
- Structural Changes Are Complicated. Any good kitchen remodeling contractor worth their salt will go over some of the complexities of your project. For example, if you end up moving where appliances are located, you will need to factor in removal of walls, moving of gas lines, new plumbing connections and additional electrical outlets. Ask your contractor for options that would keep some of that infrastructure in place.
- Customized Cabinets or Not? Cabinets are a big part of a kitchen remodel. Many manufacturers or contractors will try to sell you on custom-built organizers, dividers, rollout trays and special features that jack up the price. Ask whether there are retailers that sell the parts you need for less.
- Adjoining Rooms. If you’re looking to add space to your kitchen, adjoining rooms are the most common way to add space. You need to understand what the impact on the size and function of these rooms will be before starting a kitchen remodel.
- Do You Trust Your Contractor? When you entrust your Lafayette, CA kitchen to a contractor, you’re investing in a partner who needs to be on your side. At Century Cabinets, we have more than 30 years of experience creating beautiful kitchens that delight homeowners.
Century Cabinets stands by our work: We abide by our written estimates, offer free consultations and estimates, and will help plan the design and budget that get you the kitchen you want. And we’re not done until you are completely satisfied. We proudly serve cities in the East Bay including: Walnut Creek, Danville, Lafayette, Orinda, Moraga, Alamo, Blackhawk, Martinez, Montclair, San Ramon, Pleasant Hill, Lafayette, Oakland, Berkeley, Piedmont, San Leandro, Pleasanton. Call today! (925) 552-0606